About Me

My photo
I have always considered myself to be a creative person, and I LOVE to scavage thrift stores, junk stores and Goodwill looking to fulfill that obsession!! It really is an obsession, you know what I'am talking about!! LOL

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

ESTATE SALE/TABLE



Every First Full weekend of every month, Olde Mobile Antiques Gallery/Consignment Shop/Estate Sales, has their monthly estate sale. (That was a mouthful).  I have just recently started avidly going for the past 4 months.  I have found several lovely rose and floral china plates and saucers, some are now displayed in my Kitchen Hutch, which I blogged about a few days ago,with photos.  I had been watching a  wicker base with a wooden top for a while....I went this past month with the intentions of buying it, and of course it was gone.  So, I was so sad, and mad at myself for not getting it sooner, Ya snooze, Ya loose, is for real, let me tell ya.
Anyway, I took matters into my own hands and made one(sorta) myself for less than the orginal one cost.  I went to my local World of Wicker and bought a natural colored wicker console table.  It wasn't really what I wanted, so, undaunted, I purchased a piece of MDF at Lowes and had them cut it to my desired measurements, brought it all home and got busy.  I started by priming the wicker table, and then painted (spray) it using Valspar satin white paint.  O.K., so now its a little better, but not quite there yet.  I laid the cut MDF across an old chair and a ladder and sanded all around the edges until smooth.  MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) is really smooth, so I did not sand the top and bottom surfaces.  I paint both sides, also with Valspar Paint, but, used enamel and brushed it on.  I took a couple of shots of the finished table. Sorta my version of a vintage Heywood Wakefield I found online for 1,250.00. 

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! I hate it when I'm already to buy something I saw and find out that it's gone! I did that once with a big birdcage but luckily I found one later for 1/10 of the price of the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you were here, So that I don't feel like a bug!