About Me

My photo
I have always considered myself to be a creative person, and I LOVE to scavage thrift stores, junk stores and Goodwill looking to fulfill that obsession!! It really is an obsession, you know what I'am talking about!! LOL

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

MY MADE OVER WHITE CHANDELIER

Hi All! 
I Found this already white chandelier at a local shop.  I had been looking for one of some sort to hang on my birdcage stand.  After I cleaned and rewired her (all by myself!) I hung her on the stand, which was already painted a nice chippy aqua color!!  She just really was not attractive at all, so, I dug out all of my clear prizms and just randomly hung them around, and I also had some beaded  pealish garland and draped it around the bottom.  She still needed something.  I came across  a clear beaded garland at Walmart in the wedding section and wrapped it all around the inside area to fill in the gaps.  She is Looking a lot better now!  I plug her in and almost went blind!  TOO bright!  She has 6 arms and with that comes 6 bulbs.  So, I had 6 beaded bulb covers that I bought on e-bay, put them on, and that finally finished her off, the covers also dim the brightness to a tolerable glow!  I think she'll do. (till I can afford a real one!)  You can't see them, :( but there are lots of leaves on there, I hung the prisms from them!!   Rhonda 

7 comments:

  1. Love it! You know I have been looking for a birdcage stand for years...*yep*..and haven't found one (thrifting) for that same reason. Yours is just gorgeous. Can't wait to find me one. Thanks for sharing your creativity and treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The bulb covers really add the gorgeousness to it!!! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks gorgeous to me!! Happy White Wednesday and thanks for sharing your chandy.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bee-You-Tee-Full! very well done! I hopped in from Faded Charm and am so happy that I did! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful and I love your cherub urn in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you on doing the re-wiring! She is beautiful!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything about the light!! The color, the stand and especially the fact that it sparkles!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you were here, So that I don't feel like a bug!