About Me

My photo
I have always considered myself to be a creative person, and I LOVE to scavage thrift stores, junk stores and Goodwill looking to fulfill that obsession!! It really is an obsession, you know what I'am talking about!! LOL

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Old Beaded Chandelier Shade full of Goodies!


As I was trolling through e-bay a while back before Christmas, I came across this old beaded chandelier shade, and I thought it would be perfect for display.  I paid, I think, 28.00 for it.  When it came in the mail, I filled it with a few white ornaments, a giant glass diamond thingie, a cherub that I had added german glittler to, a huge conch shell, (on the bottom), a small white crown, a couple of clock faces, a pair of angel wings, and just recently added the cherub shelf.   The Cherub shelf really isn't gonna stay there, but, I had just sanded and painted it, started to hang it up and got distracted, so there she sits.  I originally wanted to use a tabletop cemet birdbath, but opted for this nifty beaded shade.  When one of the Romantic Homes/Country magizines came out, there it was, they had used my shade, only filled theirs with ornaments.  Oh well, at least I know I had the idea first!!    Rhonda

2 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous. I love the shade, and all of your wonderful items that you have displayed inside are stunning. You really were ahead of the curve. So pretty. Also, don't worry about having linked in twice. I can't delete it, but it's ok. Thanks so much for joining, your display is lovely. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beaded chandelier shade you have used and the vignette you created!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you were here, So that I don't feel like a bug!